The main themes below.
- more big data. No surprise there.
- Competitors to Amazon’s cloud services. IMO, new entrants (unless super specialized/niche) don’t have a chance. Microsoft and Google on the other hand…. (also, btw, a fan of Digital Ocean)
- Enterprise mobile apps. Yawn.
- Security. It’s about time.
- Docker and similar container technologies.
- Adapting sharing economy for the enterprise. This one is kind of interesting to think about, but I’m not sure how ground-breaking the examples cited actually are. For example, rentacoder has been around for years.
- Beacons. Here’s a good introductory article describing the intersection between beacons and digital place-based media (DPBM)