Google made a number of interesting announcements recently about their Cardboard VR platform. Naturally, they want all apps developed for its Cardboard VR headset to work properly with any version of its device.
- Device optimization
- Headset certifications
- “Works with Cardboard” badging
- Design guidelines
- Updated SDKs for Android and Unity
- Improved head tracking and drift correction
- Expanded application categories in the app store
- Last but not least, new immersive audio from a team brought over from Trinity College Dublin.